Thursday, October 29, 2015

PAWS Halloween Benefit Walk


Last weekend I dusted off my walking shoes and put on one of my costumes and hit the pavement. I was among many other humans and K9s walking to help raise money for Provide Animals With Shelter (PAWS). PAWS funds care and shelter to stray/surrendered animals in a rural area of South Central Minnesota until adoption. Every October, PAWS host a fundraising Halloween Trick or Treat walk and I wasn't about to miss it.


While my mom was signing us up, I decided to test out the kissing booth. Unfortunately, I had no takers for a smooch on the cheek.


What would a trick or treat walk be without some yummy treats? Our first stop brought us to a local cafe where they made us pups some great treats!


Along the way we walked through some colorful falling leaves.


This was my favorite table, how am I suppose to only choose two squeaky toys. I finally did decide and away we headed to our next stop. There were a total of 8 or 9 tables all having great stuff to choose from for both humans and dogs. 


Here is a college of pictures from the walk. I especially like the photo on the bottom right that says "HI" on the sidewalk.

After the walk was over we all headed back to the park where we enjoyed music, fellowship, and our humans received complementary hot dogs. Finally it was time for the costume contest to start. There were so many great costumes that day. When we heard I was the winner I couldn't believe my ears. 

I may have won the contest but the real winners are the animals at the shelter. And the real heroes don't wear capes, instead, they are all those who help these animals in need day in and day out.



I hope everyone has a wonderful Friday and a safe Halloween!

Today I'm joining the FitDog Friday Blog Hop hosted by: SlimDoggy, My GBGV Life, and To Dog with Love.




27 comments:

  1. Looks like a brilliant event to go to! So glad you won!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can definitely see why you won!! Huge Congratulations and what a great event to help the animals!
    DakotasDen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your costumes Spence, can't believe you had no takers in the kissing booth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on winning! Looks like a fun time and Bailie is sad she wasn't at the kissing booth! You are always joining the fun walks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the kissing booth. I would pay for a kiss!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun event! It looks like you had a great time. Sorry you didn't have any takers at the kissing booth, I totally would have kissed you. In fact, I would have asked about a bulk discount!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on winning! Too bad you didn't have anyone to give kisses to!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun fun event! That is a cute costume! :)

    www.tiffanysdiamonddogs.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really? No-takers at the kissing booth? I'd have stopped by for a doggy smooch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun day and congrats on winning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Howl-o-ween and congratulations on winning the contest! I would SO have visited your kissing booth!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can definitely see why you won...you handsome dog, you! BOL! That is such a cool idea for a fundraiser! Happy Halloween, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. No takers in the kissing booth? I don't believe it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How wonderful, you look so happy and joyful! I don't believe dat no one took up da offer for kisses!! Dats insanity - I'd smooch ya!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great event- looks like so much fun. I would have loved you at the Kissing Booth LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't believe you didn't get any takers at the kissing booth! Congratulations on winning the costume contest! Sounds like a wonderful way to help the shelter!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like a great event! I can't believe you had no takers for the kissing booth. I would have smooched the heck out if you!
    Love & biscuits,
    Dogs Luv Us and We Luv Them

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like a great event! I can't believe you had no takers for the kissing booth. I would have smooched the heck out if you!
    Love & biscuits,
    Dogs Luv Us and We Luv Them

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great cause to dedicate your time and effort to! What?? No Dog Kisses sold?? Maybe they were afraid of dog flu...their loss, smoochies to you, and congrats on winning the costume contest!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great even for a wonderful cause. We can't believe you didn't get a kiss!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would have gone home broke buying kisses from you, Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on winning the costume contest, Spencer! That's pawsome. This looks like it was a really fun opportunity to help out some less fortunate pets. They will be very thankful for your help. :)
    -Purrs from your friends at www.PlayfulKitty.net

    ReplyDelete
  23. We find it extremely hard to believe you didn't get any action in the Kissing Booth! Thanks for getting active for a good cause.
    Annette @PetsAreFound

    ReplyDelete
  24. What an excellent way to celebrate Halloween! You are awesome Spencer!

    ReplyDelete