Thursday, August 21, 2014

State Fair for the Dogs


It's that time of the year again when people dust off their walking shoes, lather up on the sunscreen and head to the Minnesota State Fair. Also known as, "The Great Get Together." It is here where you will find people walking around with everything you could think of on a stick.

Did you know that in 1901, vice president Theodore Roosevelt first spoke that the US should "speak softly and carry a big stick" at the Minnesota State Fair. 

Even a vice president talked about a stick.


Unfortunately, dogs are not allowed to attend this "Great Get Together." However, I decided to have my own state fair at my house. With the help of my mom, who has thumbs, we created out own, dog friendly, state fair on a stick. 


As great as this idea was, I need you to understand how painful it was to sit there with all my favorite things on a stick and take pictures. I mean, do we really need 50 pictures, I just want to start the taste test already! 


Here you have it fokes, we have:
*Toy on a Stick
*Stick on a Stick
*Frozen Yogurt on a Stick
*Frozen Applesauce on a Stick
*A Stuffed Kong on a Stick
*Carrots on a Stick
*A Ball on a Stick
*Apple on a Stick
*Banana on a Stick
*Treats on a Stick
*Beggin Strips aka Dog Bacon on a Stick
*Poop Bags on a Stick
*Water on a Stick


I am joining the Thoughtless Thursday Blog Hop hosted by





8 comments:

  1. Love it! SOOO Creative!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Zim! It sure was a lot of fun eating all the goodies! :)

      Delete
  2. So creative indeed Spencer. Bacon is our fav. Have a tremendous Thursday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Molly, I'm a sucker for bacon too!!! :)

      Delete
  3. LOL this is hilarious! My favorite is the "water on a stick." I am your neighbor to the South (Iowa), so I come from the land of the Iowa State Fair - originator of the "Fried Butter on a Stick". Yuck! Your treats on a stick look much more appetizing than that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. BOL!!!!! How fun!
    Thanks for linking up to Thoughtless Thursday!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stick on a stick! That's hilarious.

    ReplyDelete