Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Art Project With Your Dog


I'm excited to show you two different DIY projects that are easy and inexpensive to do with your pet. The first project is capturing their paw prints on paper. The second is making decorative art work for your house, while using those paw prints.


Supplies:
Tag Board (any size, the bigger the more paw prints you can get)
Acrylic Paint (any color)
Container Lid 
Cutting Mat
Cuter or Scissors 
Picture Frames (any sizes, as many as you want)
Rub On Decals (you can find at your local art and craft store)
Pictures (as many as you want)


We put the tag board on a small cardboard table outside. Then poured some paint on the lid to use as a "tray." After dipping my paw in the paint, my mom just played around with different placement, pressures, and amount of paint. The best part was afterwards, I got to go swimming to "wash" the paint off my paw and it all came off with no problems.


Once inside we took out the glass from the picture frames and placed it just right on the tag board. Then, using the cutter we traced the edge of the glass to get the right cut.

After the paw prints were cut out and placed in the frames, we applied the decals. They say:
"A true friend leaves paw prints on your heart." "My Dog."

Looking back we should have chosen a different color of paint so the letters would pop out more, but maybe next time.


Since we had so many decals left over we put them to use on my treat jar.

And there you have it easy, inexpensive project you can do to showcase your dog.



16 comments:

  1. Cute idea. Can I ask where you found the square frames? I've been looking for some but haven't really been able to find any I like. These are just what I'm looking for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I would them at my local craft store.

      Delete
  2. Spencer that sure looks like great fun. What fun ideas. Have a wonderful Wednesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Molly, hope you have a wonderful Wednesday as well! :)

      Delete
  3. Yikes! It reminds me of when I have to pawprint copies of my book. It is a mess, but I do it. Some cool stuff you made with your own paws!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BOL, I could imagine the mess, especially with your long hair, too! But, a dogs got to do what a dogs got to do! :)

      Delete
  4. FUN n Easy DIY. Is that your treat cabinet :-) Happy Wednesday. Golden Woofs

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great! Maybe Mom will make some of these with us. Im sure our artwork would be stunning!! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. They turned out great! Love Spenc's enthusiasm ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are some very awesome DIY's...... we're going to have to bookmark this one! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very clever ideas good job! Love Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so neat!!! These would also make great gifts!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What a great idea!!!! Thanks for sharing!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea! I bet I could do stuff
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cool project - thanks for this. I bet we can make a lot of fun things with my paws (ahem, momma?)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This will be an excellent project for the boys next door to do with Harley before the holidays. I even see Christmas ornaments from Harley to very close FURReds! Thanks Spencer

    ReplyDelete