Today's DIY project is a Dog Bone Wreath. This makes a great gift for those dog lovers in your life.
Bowls-Large and Small
Ribbon-Two Different Colors, Base 1/2 in wide, Top 7/8 wide
Milk Bones - Amount will vary (I use the large milk bones)
Total Cost: Under $20
Project Time: About 30 minutes
Skill Level: Moderate
1. Place your cardboard on you cutting mat. Using the large bowl as a guide cut out a circle with your box cutter.
2. Now place the smaller bowl in the center of the circle and cut out the middle of the wreath.
3. With your big ribbon tape it to the back of your wreath. Then start wrapping the ribbon around your wreath until it is all covered making sure the ribbon is tight while you wrap it and tape the end down.You can space it as close or as far apart as you like.
4. Using the thin ribbon tie it to your wreath and tape over the top of it. This will help proved extra strength to hold the bones in place.
5. Next, place your first bone on the wreath and wrap it with your ribbon. Make sure you are pulling the ribbon tight and hold it in place while you place the next bone. While you are doing this you may need to make adjustments to the placement of your bones. Just make sure the ribbon is tight.
6. Once you get to the end tie the ribbon around the wreath and tape it in place.
7. Using the top ribbon make a hanger and using the base ribbon you can make a bow to finish off your wreath.
If you plan on going anywhere for Christmas and are bring your dog with, this makes a great host/hostess gift.
You can also make one and donate it to your local humane society!
Since we didn't use any glue all the bones can be used as treats for you K9 pal. If you plan on hanging your wreath up, make sure it is out of reach from you animal.
Don't forget to enter our giveaway that is open to US residence who are 18 years of ago or older. *Tree not included*