Friday, January 10, 2014

Freezin' For A Reason

It all started 5 years ago, when my mom participated in her first ever Minnesota Polar Bear Plunge. Now after last weeks cold weather you would think she would skip this year, but nope she just signed up to participate again. Making this here 5 year in a row she is "taking the plunge" and will be "freezin' for a reason."
So what is the Polar Bear Plunge:
The Polar Bear Plunge is a unique opportunity for individuals, organizations and businesses to support Special Olympics athletes by jumping into frigid Minnesota waters. During the months of January through March, there are 16 opportunities across the state to take the Plunge and be freezin' for a reason: to support Special Olympics Minnesota athletes!

The photo on the left is Snowflack, the official mascot of the Plunge. In, 2013 there were over 15,000 plungers that were able to raise over $3 million! As you can see with the photos on the right my mom made me her official mascot, hoping to raise more money. Sadly, it work and she was able to raise over $400 last year. 
The Special Olympics holds a special place in our hearts, I just hope it warms up for her and her team before February 1st.
Here is the promo video from last year. 

11 comments:

  1. OMD mum is so brave and what a great way to raise money. Bravo mum. Brrrr we are cold just thinking about it. Have a fabulous Friday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom is a sucker for a good cause and a tshirt! :)

      Delete
  2. Your Momma is one very brave lady! Kudos to her and this great cause! bbrrrrrrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  3. My breath is taken away just thinking about it
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! Your mom is awesome for doing that! Makes me really cold just thinking about it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My crazy mom always has wanted to do the one that was last weekend on Lake Minnetonka, but oddly, she can't find anyone to do it with her so she never has. Good luck to your Mom and I hope you don't have to do it...although I do go in ice water myself at the dog park.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I want to move to Minnesota. There are sooo many cool people who live there and sooo many "cool" (no pun intended lol) things to do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great cause! Did you really have to jump in freezing water? Or just pose? Those speedos you're wearing are too funny :D

    ReplyDelete