|(Image retrieved from the Calming Collar website)|
The Calming Collar offers three different collars to target three different target issues: Calm Me Down, Good to go, and Too Cool. In this review I will be focusing on the Calm Me Down Collar.
According to their website this collar helps with:
- Separation anxiety
- Fear of thunderstorms and other bad weather
- Fireworks or other loud noises
- Stress and stressful situations such as going to the groomers
- Excessive barking
- So much more!
- If the collar is worn 24/7, the herbs will last 3 to 4 months. If only used a few hours a day or less, it could last up to a year.
- It comes with a sealed bag you can store your collar when it is not in use.
- Surface clean only with damp cloth.
- You can choose from over 40 different fabrics.
Test & Review
(Spencer chillin with his Calming Collar, it's under his fluff.)
Spencer seems to get the most anxious when we go out to the farm. My parents' two puppies like to jump on and get in Spencer's face. They also have a hard time sharing. We have noticed that Spencer paces from room to room while panting and has a hard time listening to commands. He loves going to the farm but it normally takes about 2 or 3 days there for him to get situated and feel comfortable.
(Spencer enjoying the car ride with his Calming Collar)
I put the Calming Collar on him as we were leaving to go to the farm (which about a 30 minute ride and he loves to go for car rides). Once it was on he left it alone and it still fits even with his other collar on. Once we arrived, he chased the cats like normal, did his business and we went in to the house. My parents' 3 dogs greeted up with open paws and Carlie was crying cause she missed him so much.
Throughout the entire evening we all noticed that Spencer did not pace from room to room. He was not nervously panting and he was able to follow comments the first time. The other dogs would smell the collar but left it alone. He opened up quickly, was less guarded and started playing with the puppies right away. My mom was working on a project and was using the staple gun (normally Spencer would hide from loud sounds). Not that night, he didn't mind it one bit and continued to play. I took it off when it was time to go to bed.
The next morning, I put the Calming Collar on right away and, just like the day before, he was calmer and less stress then he normally is. He rested on and off throughout the day.
I can't believe how well and quickly this worked! I would highly recommend the Calming Collar to others in the same situation.
Spencer gives this product 4 PAWS up!
(Spencer resting after along morning of playing with his Calming Collar on.)
- The adjustable buckles are nice since Spencer's hair grows and it can be adjusted accordingly.
- A variety of different fabric chooses to chose from to fit you and your dog's personalities.
- All natural herbs, no oils or chemicals.
- Wonderful communication with the company!
- At first this collar's aroma is strong, if you are sensitive to smells that maybe an initial concern.
- It comes with a informational sheet, I wish they would include how long the collar last and if it is okay for them to sleep with it. (This information is on their website.)
If you are interested in purchasing Calm Me Down, Good to go, or Too Cool, use the coupon code "Spencer" and get 10% off your order.
Disclaimer: I was provided one Calming Collar free of charge for the purpose of this review. All opinions are my own and no other compensation was given.