Tuesday, October 28, 2014

WW: Halloween Tricks



I just love when people come to my house. And I do my best to greet them with as much enthusiasm as possible. I mean, who doesn't want to feel welcome. Now here is the tricky part, my house is in the prime trick or treating spot in town. We average anywhere between 150-175 little humans running up to my house on Halloween. So, how do my humans keep me in the house and make sure the goodies go out without any problems.....

A Baby Gate!


That's right, a baby gate. Every year my humans set up a baby gate at our front door. After setting it up we decorate it with spooky fabrics, chains, and lights to get it looking festive. 


And there you have it, candy going out and unfortunately I'm staying in. But don't worry I still greet them with a smiling face and a wagging butt and in return the kids spoil me with a pat on the head. 

Do you have any tricks you use on Halloween to help make the night easier with your dogs? Please share, I would love to hear about them.









9 comments:

  1. Wow, ya get a ton of kidses! We get maybe 5 - and I live in da suburbs where dere should be a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the best decorated house and friendliest greeter in the neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever idea Spencer. No wonder your house is so popular with the trick or treaters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea....... however I'd have to say, at least 2 of the 4 Lapdogs would figure out how to hop that gate! We don't get a single Trick or Treater at our house though.... very disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! We don't get any trick or treaters, but that's a great way to turn the gate into part of the decor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic idea! We will have to lock poor Storm in our bedroom when the goblins start to come for treats.
    :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa! 150-175 kids?! That's a lot! We usually get about 10-20- send some our way! :-D You guys are great decorators, too- the way you hide the baby gate is pretty neat. We'll definitely use your gate idea, since I'd love to meet all the kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea to use a baby gate & decorate it! Your entryway looks terrific all decked out for the hoards of kids you will be receiving - yikes! That's a lot of kids and a lot of candy! Have fun w/ the kiddies, Spencer!
    Love & Biscuits,
    Cathy, Isis & Phoebe
    www.dogsluvusandweluvthem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete